Welcome to Charlotte Day Camp! If you are looking for a growth-oriented, fun-filled summer experience for your child, you've come to the right place. Here are four reasons that Charlotte Day Camp may be the best option for your family this summer:
Charlotte Day Camp provides a simple solution for parents looking for a great summer program for their children.
- Programs run for the full day (8:45am-5pm)
- There is an hour-long window for drop-off and pickup each day (7:45am-8:45am and 4:45pm-5:45pm)
- Sessions are offered at one simple price—no add on charges for early drop-off or extended stay
- With two convenient locations, we make camp as easy as possible for parents
Each week features multiple camp themes for campers to choose from. There is something for everyone each week at Charlotte Day Camp!
- Cultural Explorers: campers explore a different country or culture each week
- Game Theory: campers learn age-appropriate elements of game theory through strategy board games and card games
- Science Lab: campers explore scientific topics through group projects
- Sports Inventors: campers sample lots of sports and games before using a Design Thinking process to invent their own
- Charlotte Adventure Week: campers explore their city through daily field trips in the Charlotte area
The American Academy of Pediatrics estimates that children are spending an average of seven hours per day looking at entertainment media. Wow! That's about half of their waking time that children are spending interacting with screens instead of people.
We think that one of the biggest opportunities that children have over the summer is to practice their interactive skills with other children and with adults. Camp isn't constrained by desks and classrooms—we can create many different kinds of individual and group interactions every day. By creating a screen-free learning environment, we can ensure that campers are able to practice communication, collaboration, and leadership skills without interruption from digital media.
Camper Outcomes: Growth, Learning, and Fun
Are you ready for the part that makes Charlotte Day Camp truly unique? Our focus is on creating outcomes for campers that predict for success later in life. We train our counselors to make every day about three outcomes: Growth, Learning, and Fun.
Preliminary research has shown that an outcomes-based camp experience can improve performance in school and increase persistence in college. Our outcomes focus allows campers to not just have a great time at camp, but to grow and learn from the experience. Click below to learn more about how we achieve each of these outcomes at camp.