The Charlotte Day Camp program is built around camper Choice. Our program combines traditional camp activities with project-focused theme weeks to create an experience that matches campers' interests.
Choose A Program
Themed programs are the highlight of our camper choice activities. Campers choose a program every week of camp they attend. When campers choose a program, they will be signing up for unique, age appropriate projects that help them explore the theme topic further.
Programs fall into three categories, which are named Cultural Explorers, STEM Skills, and Sports and Adventure.
- Cultural Explorers: Campers explore a different country or culture each week
- STEM Skills: Campers choose between Game Theory and Science Lab as they explore age-appropriate elements of math, science, and pattern recognition.
- Sports and Adventure: This category is for campers who like to be ACTIVE. Sports Inventors is all about playing and creating new sports, while Adventure Week is made up of field trips all around Charlotte.
Campers enjoy picking and choosing different programs between the three categories to create a varied summer.
How it Works
When signing up for camp:
- Campers sign up for a theme every week they attend.
- Each theme has unique weekly projects for campers to experience.
- The weekly themes only last for one week. Campers choose a new one each week.
How to Get Started
We find families typically start by finding a theme that interests them or by looking at the dates they are interested in going to camp.
Starting with Dates
If you already have several dates that are set for the summer, be sure to mark those off from the summer calendar and show your child what they can choose from each week.
Starting with Program
Some families start from the program calendar and go through weeks with their children to build a summer that interests them. Begin by reading through the weekly project themes in the table below or on the Registration page to find ones that interest you most.